After Sales & Motorhome Servicing Scotland
After sales care from Dicksons of Perth
Dicksons of Perth is dedicated to our after sales and customer service, and unlike many other companies, we pride ourselves on putting our customers first.
Our ongoing services provide an affordable solution to ensure your caravan or motorhomes maintenance is how it should be to keep you on the road, the regular servicing of your caravan or motorhome will pay off in the long run with greater reliability and improved resale value.
We have an excellent team of fully trained vehicle mechanics and habitation engineers that will take care of your beloved motorhome, and as we are part of the NCC Approved Workshop scheme we follow the correct procedures when working on or servicing your motorhome or caravan.
We also offer a great range of optional extras, including awnings, bike racks and tow-bars, to ensure your caravan or motorhome meets your required needs.
Bodywork & paintwork repairs
Should you have an accident whilst out on the road with your caravan or motorhome, don’t worry as we can carry out both bodywork & paintwork repairs following the correct manufacturers repair procedures.
Hire motorhomes available
At an extra cost we can even offer you one of our hire motorhomes to keep you mobile whilst the repairs are being carried out to your caravan or motorhome.
- Courtesy car
(available upon request, subject to availability)
- Secure overnight parking provided
(if your vehicle requires to be in for more than 1 day)
- We can book you in to stay at a local campsite, Noah's Ark
(if required the night before or after your service)
Prior to any vehicle maintenance we would ask that all customers please ensure that their valuable personal belongings are removed from the motorhome & any non- valuable items are stowed away correctly, this is to prevent any damage that may occur to them while we are on a road-test.
Prior to any habitation area servicing on both caravans & motorhomes we would ask that all personal belongings that are stowed away under beds, in cupboards, etc. are removed to allow our technicians greater access to these areas to ensure we carry out the required checks.
Service and repair
Book an appointment
Caravan & Motorhome Servicing
Regular servicing of your caravan or motorhome will pay off in the long run with greater reliability and improved resale value. But there are safety and legal issues too. Every vehicle or trailer is required by law to be in such a condition as not to cause danger to anyone. Some items you can easily check for yourself, such as tyres and lights, but the braking system and the electrical and gas items inside the habitation area are best left to experts if you are not to risk your safety or that of others.
- Check If Any Outstanding Recall Campaigns On Vehicle & Arrange For Them To Be Done If Required
- Service Book Stamped
- Bodywork Condition Report
- Check Condition Of Number Plates
- Check Operation Of Exterior Lights
- Check Horn Operation
- Check Operation Of Interior Lights (Cab Area Only)
- Check Operation Of Exterior Mirrors
- Check Operation Of Interior Switches And Electrical Items
- Check Operation Of Fuel Filler Flap
- Check Operation And Condition Bonnet Release Cable
- Check Operation/Condition Of All Seat Belts
- Lubricate All Strikers And Hinges
- Check Condition Of All Glass For Scratches, Chips & Cracks
- Check Condition And Operation Of Screen Washers And Wipers
- Check Tyre Condition, Pressure And Tread Depth (Inc Spare)
- Check All Under Bonnet Fluid Levels
- Check Starter Operation
- Inspect Air Filter
- Inspect Spark Plugs (Petrol Models Only)
- Check Battery Condition/Security
- Check Condition Of All Air Intake And Turbo Pipes
- Check Condition Of Belts (Excluding Timing Belt)
- Check When Timing Timing Belt Due/When Was Last Replaced (Advise Customer If It Requires Replacement) )
- Carry Out Brake Fluid Test Report
- Check Antifreeze Level And Specific Gravity
- Check Cooling Fan Operation
- Check And Report On Air Conditioning Operation
- Replace Engine Oil And Filter
- Replace Pollen Filter
- Check And Report On Brake Operation Efficiency
- Visually Inspect Front Brakes
- Visually Inspect Rear Brakes
- Check All Wheel Bearings For Noise, Roughness And Excessive Play
- Check Handbrake Operation & Cables Security
- Check Condition And Security Of All Brake Pipes
- Check All Steering Joints For Security And Condition
- Check All Suspension Joints For Condition And Security
- Check All Mountings And Gaiters For Condition And Security
- Check Condition And Security Of Visible Fuel Lines
- Check Condition Of Exhaust System For Security And Leaks
- Check All Pas Pipes For Security And Leaks
- Check All Suspension Dampers For Security And Condition
- Check Transmission/Differential Fluid Levels
- Carry Out Under Body Inspection
- Check Clutch Operation (Manual Only)
- Carry Out Road Test
Many people have never encountered the term "Motorhome Habitation Service" before, also called a habitation test.
Just think of a motorhome habitation service as being the motorhome equivalent of an MOT. We help check and maintain the functionality of all aspects of your motorhome that are used for living such as LPG, water and electricity. These items can be a safety issue if not checked periodically, and may also render your warranty invalid if not checked. Especially if the manufacturer has a list on the warranty which has a habitation service stipulated to be tested annually to ensure conditions are met.
The actual service isn't mandatory in a legal fashion (at the moment), but it would be foolhardy to drive around in a motorhome or campervan that doesn't have its annual habitation service, due to the number of issues that could arise if not inspected.
Electrical safety issues could arise which could prove dangerous, LPG leaks could occur that could prove dangerous (if not fatal), and water leaks could happen that could prove very expensive. So, you can see it's well worth the peace of mind if nothing else, to pay out annually for a check to detect or prevent any issues.
A common thought process is that I don't use my motorhome or caravan very often so, it's not worth paying for the test this isn't the case as the lack of use itself can cause issues too.
- Check floor for delamination
- Check operation of cupboard hinges, catches, locks & stays
- Check operation & condition of all window catches, stays & seals
- Check operation & security of all skylights
- Check operation of all blinds & fly screens
- Check fixed ventilation openings for free flow air
Water systems & appliances:
- Check operation & condition of water pump
- Check operation of pressure switch & adjust if required
- Check condition of water filler, housing & filter
- Check operation of taps& shower fittings (including external taps if fitted)
- Check toilet for operation & condition of seal, blade & flush
- Check drain plugs for seal & operation
Gas supply & appliances:
- Carry out regulator performance & carry out leak test
- Check condition & date of flexible hose
- Check condition & security of all pipework
- Check condition of LPG sticker on locker & security of gas bottles
- Check gas dispersal holes for obstruction
- Check fridge ignition, FFD & cooling
- Fridge NOT serviced unless requested (an extra charge will apply)
- Check operation of cooker, hob & oven. Ignition flame & FFD
- Check operation of Space heater. Ignition, flame, FFDD & CO room test
- Check operation of water heater. Ignition, flame, FFD & heating
- Check operation & condition of external BBQ point if fitted
Electrical System 240V:
- Check condition of inlet plus & hook up cable
- Check operation of RCD’s, MCB’s & earth bonding
- Check condition of wiring, sockets & fixed connections
- Check operation of battery charger
- Check mains operation of fridge (if applicable)
- Check mains operation of cooker & hob (if applicable)
- Check main operation of water heater (if applicable)
- Check main operation of water heater (if applicable)
Electrical System 12V:
- Check condition of 12N & 12S plus & cables (caravans only)
- Check condition & operation of road lights & reflectors
- Check condition of wiring, sockets & fuses
- Check function of 12S system (charging, fridge, lights, etc)
- Check operation of battery charger
- Check condition of leisure battery. Clean & lubricate terminals (if required)
- Check operation of all 12V lights including awning light (if fitted)
- Check blow air system (if applicable)
Fire & Safety:
- Check operation & security of smoke & carbon monoxide alarms (if fitted)
- Check condition, type & expiry of fire extinguisher (if fitted)
- Check condition & location of fire blanket (if fitted)
- Check operation, function & safety of DIY additions
Motorhome damp repairs
Dicksons of Perth are dedicated to carrying out any damp and insurance repair work.
- Check operation & security of body panels
- Check operation of door locks, catches, hinges & lubricate
- Check condition & security of all trims, inserts & sealants
- Check windows & seals for damage
- Check condition & security of grab handles (if fitted)
- Check security of body attachments (laddres, aerials, cycle racks, etc)
- Damp meter test including a diagram report
One of our friendly team will be in touch as soon as possible to arrange deposit. Alternatively, please do give us a call to discuss your requirements.